Everything you need to know to get productive with Docker.
What's in the book
From running containers to building your very own images, using Docker's builting networking and service discovery abilities, and much more!
Some of the awesome things you're going to learn:
- Manage your containers. A thorough overview of the tools at your disposal to manage your containers during all their lifecycle: starting, pausing, stopping, restarting, it's all here.
- Create your own images. The Dockerfile is Docker's way of configuring a repeatable and deterministic build. Learn how to write them like a pro.
- Manage your data with volumes. Volumes are all about managing your persistent data and sharing it between containers. Learn how to leverage Docker's ingenious volumes system.
- Application logs. An often overlooked problematic when switching to Docker. The book will explain you the possibilites and how to set them up.
- Multi-containers architectures. Pet containers are all nice and good to get started, but you won't go anywhere without mastering multi-containers architectures.
- The Remote API. One of Docker's killer-feature is its open Remote API. Use the power of Docker from within any application!